10 Tips To Become A Positive Thinker Through Mindset Shifts
Jun 13, 2018
The thoughts that we create and the inner dialogue that we have, play an important role in our lives.
They influences how we feel about ourselves, how we perceive different situations and how we react to most events in our lives, and thus affects your health, mood, relationships and productivity.
Healthy, positive dialogue and thinking have many great benefits: it helps you stay positive in most situations and enjoy what you already have in life. It also helps achieve your goals, build your self-confidence as well as healthy relationships. Whereas negative thoughts and dialogue may sap your energy and make you feel anxious, upset and exhausted.
A positive mindset can reduce the risk of diseases or may help cope better with health problems while negative emotions can cause various ailments or even serious diseases.
Positive and negative thinking are learned habits. Use the tips below to become a positive thinker and get all the benefits of it. As you start using the tips you’ll see that it’s not difficult and you’ll begin to love being positive.
These 10 tips are something that I have applied to my life and am now able to live in a positive thinking mindset.
1. START YOUR DAY IN A GOOD MOOD, think positively of upcoming events of the day. Great post are our success and often depends on our disposition.
2. Try to REMEMBER MOSTLY THE POSITIVE EVENTS of the past. This may help you move forward instead of getting stuck in the circle of negative thoughts.
3. Make a decision to MANAGE YOUR EMOTIONS. You can’t always control events in your life but you can, with some effort, control what you choose to think and feel about them.
4. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE PEOPLE AND ACTIVITIES. Avoid negative influences. Avoid people who can bring you down, sap your energy and reduce your motivation. When down, try to retune your mood with positive and pleasant activities. Do something that makes you happy. This can be anything, anything that brings you joy and positive feelings.
5. Learn to FOCUS ON THE PRESENT - this way you will avoid getting overwhelmed with negative emotions. Identify your automatic negative thoughts and stop them as soon as they emerge. Replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
6. DO NOT FEAR MAKING MISTAKES - fear may create a lack of self-confidence and hinder well-being. Do not weep for failures - they strengthen us and help us grow.
7. SEE CHALLENGING SITUATIONS AS OPPORTUNITIES rather than threats. Looking for ways to solve problems rather than complaining about them is a much healthier attitude that also “trains” you for more complicated situations.
8. Challenge yourself to SEE THE POSITIVE SIDE OF THINGS. There are both positive and negative aspects to most situations, and you have to choose which one you will focus on. It’s easy to see the negative. However, there is always something you can gain from almost an situation - you just have to look for that.
9. SET GOALS. Try to concentrate on achieving your goals and keep yourself busy working on them.
10. SMILE. It doesn’t take a lot to do that, but it does help a lot. Smiling regularly will help you stay in a good mood and life the mood of the people that surround you. They will see you as a positive happy person, and thus will like your more. This way you will attract more positive people. -- This one is my personal favorite*